Diving in Indonesia
Everything you have to know and the best Dive Sites
Indonesia is rightly considered one of the most beautiful diving regions worldwide. Nowhere else is biodiversity as large as here. Thousands of different species of fish and corals are waiting to be discovered! The country is perfect for advanced divers, because there is something new to be discovered at every turn – in order to really enjoy a dive though, you often need experience in current diving.
When someone thinks about Indonesia, Bali is probably the first place that comes to mind. The island is certainly one of the most famous spots for divers. However, other regions of the country have a lot to offer – after all, Indonesia has more than 50,000 kilometres of coastline! Everyone can find his favourite place here then…
Click on a orange highlighted location to search for profiles nearby.
Find the best Dive Professionals, Dive Centers and Liveaboards in Indonesia
Diving in Indonesia at a glance
- Peak tourist season: All-year-round, although April / May and September / October are the best months due to the change of season
- Appropriate for: Rather for advanced
- Water temperature: 25 – 29 degrees all-year-round
- Entry requirement: Mostly uncomplicated with a passport
- Particular diving experiences: Reef diving, wreck diving, sharks, caves, current diving, general flora and fauna under water
- Duration of trip: As of 10 days. There is a lot to see and the flight from Germany is long.
- Diving equipment: Can be rented on site in most cases, but it is better to find out beforehand
- Travelling: By plane and then individual transfers e.g. organised by the diving school or the hotel.
Fancy diving in Indonesia?
Find all our Dive Professionals, Dive Centers and Liveaboards around here: