Diving in the Maldives
Everything you have to know and the best Dive Sites
The Maldives are considered to be THE dream destination for luxury holiday makers. Thereby, the islands are not only ideal for tourists seeking peace, but also one of the most popular diving destinations. Almost every hotel has its own house reef directly on its doorstep, so that frequent divers in particular get their money’s worth. At the same time, the underwater world of the tropical archipelago is never boring even with a large number of dives: With the colourful variety of species from Napoleon wrasse and parrotfish to snappers and barracudas to jacks and sweetlips, there is always something new to be discovered.
In short: The Maldives are certainly not an inexpensive travel destination for divers, but always worth a trip.
Click on a orange highlighted location to search for profiles nearby.
Our team’s favourites
Diving in the Maldives at a glance
- Peak tourist season: All-year-round
- Appropriate for: All diving levels, from beginners to advanced. There are a lot of hot spots for frequent divers in particular.
- Water temperature: 27 – 29 degrees all-year-round
- Entry requirement: Mostly uncomplicated with a passport and a visa can be obtained on site
- Particular diving experiences: Current diving, tropical flora and fauna
- Duration of trip: At least 1 week
- Diving equipment: Can be rented on site in most cases
- Travelling: By plane and with transport organised by the hotel.