Diving in Mexico
Everything you have to know and the best Dive Sites
Mexico – a fascinating country with exquisite beaches and Central American temperament. More and more divers are drawn to Mexico, because an incredibly clear visibility under water prevails and, what is more, a lot of marine animals can be observed here. Mexico is spot-on for a longer diving safari or an extended diving holiday. Would you like to plunge into Mexico’s Caribbean or Pacific Coast? We give you some tips about diving in the neighbouring country of the USA.
Click on a orange highlighted location to search for profiles nearby.
Diving in Mexico at a glance
- Peak tourist season: All-year-round, although different areas are particularly attractive depending on the season; from May to November is hurricane season – increased caution is called for then
- Appropriate for: Beginners to advanced (Caribbean), advanced (Pacific)
- Water temperature: 21 – 28 degrees all-year-round
- Entry requirement: Uncomplicated with a passport
- Particular diving experiences: Wreck diving, sharks and large marine animals, caves
- Duration of trip: Due to the long journey from Europe, about 2 weeks should be planned
- Diving equipment: Can be rented on site in most cases
- Travelling: By plane; locally it is recommended to travel only on tourist buses and with organised group tours.
Fancy diving in Mexico?
Find all our Dive Professionals, Dive Centers and Liveaboards around here: