Diving in Thailand
Everything you have to know and the best Dive Sites
Thailand, the “Country of Smiles”, is known and acclaimed internationally as a diving destination. Both diving beginners and professionals are attracted to this place – because there are diving spots for every taste and every level of experience. Fascinating underwater worlds, wrecks, caves and sharks – all that and much more can be discovered in the sea all around Thailand.
Hobby sportsmen also like to come here to obtain their diving certificate. The hot spots on the coasts of Thailand are correspondingly frequented, and the selection of diving schools, diving excursions and liveaboards is correspondingly large in Thailand. We know which hot spots are worth it and can recommend the best diving schools on site.
Click on a orange highlighted location to search for profiles nearby.
Find the best Dive Professionals, Dive Centers and Liveaboards in Thailand
Our team’s favourites
“I love diving in Thailand! I had my best dives in the Similan Islands National Park.”
– Ricardo Wenzel, founder of rateyourdive.com
“Thailand is one of the best places in the world in terms of value for money diving”
– Benjamin Klein, Operations Manager of rateyourdive.com
“I did my Open Water Diver Course at a small Dive Center on Koh Pha Ngan and loved to see already so many fish during my first dives.” – Ina Medick, SEO Manager of rateyourdive.com
Diving in Thailand at a glance
- Peak tourist season: All-year-round, although different regions are particularly attractive depending on the season
- Appropriate for: All diving levels, from beginners to advanced
- Water temperature: 26 – 31 degrees all-year-round
- Entry requirement: Mostly uncomplicated, a visa on site is possible
- Particular diving experiences: Wreck diving, sharks, caves, current diving, general flora and fauna under water
- Duration of trip: At least one week should be planned – you can also spend as much as 3 weeks or more diving in Thailand, without getting bored 😉
- Diving equipment: Can be rented on site in most cases
- Travelling: By plane, buses and trains. Thailand is well-developed touristically, so it is no problem getting from A to B.
Fancy diving in Thailand?
Find all our Dive Professionals, Dive Centers and Liveaboards around here: